Topics and Special Sessions
GIScience and Learning with Geomedia
The GI_Forum provides a platform for dialogue among geospatial minds in an ongoing effort to support the creation of an informed GISociety. Bearing in mind different perspectives from a variety of professions, presentations, workshops and exhibitions will concentrate on innovations in education, science and technologies, in the spatial domain and their possible contribution to a more just, ethical and sustainable society.
The 2019 GI_Forum motto is ‘THE spatial view’; we thus solicit contributions as full and short papers focusing on, but not limited to the following themes:
(in alphabetical order)
- Digital Humanities: Spatial Perspectives
- Empirical Research in Spatial Education
- Innovation in GI Technologies
- Learning Environments in Schools
- Spatial Analytics and Geovisualization
- Spatial Citizenship
- Spatial Data Infrastructures
- Food - local and global challenges
- Spatial Approaches in Innovation Education
- Spatial Perspectives on Sustainable Mobility
- Spatial Simulation
- Urban Geoinformatics - Citizen Engagement and VGI Analytics for Smart Cities
Additional Special Sessions will be announced as soon as they have been confirmed.
We use ConfToolPro as our plattform for submissions & our conference management. Please click here if you have any questions.