Special Session: Spatial Simulation
Context: data-driven modeling
In the last few years, we have seen an unprecedented boom of interest in collecting behavioral and environmental data. The GI community increasingly takes this as an opportunity to integrate data into spatial simulation workflows. The data revolution is going to extend concepts, technologies and applications of Spatial Simulation beyond traditional boundaries.
Scope of the Session:
Aside from innovative ideas related to data-driven modeling, we invite contributions that advance the state-of-art in spatial simulation modelling, including but not limited to:
- approaches based on cellular automata, agent-based models, individual-based models, microsimulation, or spatial system dynamics,
- applications of spatial simulation models in various domains, including ecology, landscape ecology, conservation biology, population dynamics, social network models, urban geography, pedestrian modelling, or transport modelling,
- hybrid models that integrate multiple modelling methods,
- participatory spatio-temporal modelling,
- dynamic geo-visualisation of simulation results,
- explorative model analysis and validation.
Day passes available.