Young research matters!
To encourage young researchers in their scientific work, we pay special attention through our special offers and events.
Best Student Paper Award: Submit a full paper contribution and take part in our trophy!
Call for Papers was open until Feb. 1, 2018 - sorry you missed it!
- Confirmation of student enrolment at a higher education institution
- Non-student co-authors are prohibited
- Oral presentation at GI_Forum in Salzburg
Submission (closed as of Feb. 1, 2018):
- Full paper submission according to the author information and formatting guidelines. All authors' deadlines apply
- The paper will be reviewed by our review committee
- Please also include a short Curriculum Vitae
Publication: The student paper will be published in the GI_Forum Journal.
Geoinformatics Trophy Award: The best student paper will be awarded by the review committee. The student trophy award ceremony is scheduled during the closing session on Friday. The Geoinformatics Trophy includes: a certificate, free symposium participation for the upcoming year, and a grant worth € 500,-.
Apply for an Conference Stipend - sponsored by Esri
Esri Stipends amount to EUR 400,- each, and will typically cover both the conference fees and accommodation during the conference. Up to three Stipends are available for full-paper contributions in English only. They are awarded based on the results of an international review process. Apply via paper submission process.
Young Researchers' Corner: Meet our keynote speakers!
At the Young Researchers’ Corner young scientists meet the keynote speakers in an informal atmosphere and discuss their research and received impulses for their further academic careers.