Travel and Location Map
The Natural Science Faculty of the University of Salzburg is optimally connected to the public transport network and easily reachable.
- 2 km from the city centre of Salzburg
- 7 km from the airport Salzburg
- 4,5 km from the train station
- can easily be reached on foot or by bike from many hotels, the city centre as well as the neighbouring landscape conservation area.
Salzburg Airport W.A. Mozart
- 4 km from the city center
- 15 minutes transfer time
- Numerous connections i.e. to Berlin, Cologne, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg, London, Zürich and Vienna.
- Public Transport: Check the online timetable information to find the best connection by bus from Salzburg Airport to the bus stop Faistauergasse nearby the Natural Sciences Faculty.
The SMS (Salzburger Mietwagen Service) is a convenient transfer shuttle service between Munich Airport and your accommodation in Salzburg.
Public Transport System
Salzburg is a very compact city, almost everything in the inner city is in walking distance. The public bus system is very reliable and convenient. The Natural Science Faculty is accesible by bus No. 3 (train station) or bus No. 8 (airport) - bus stop: Faistauergasse. The Local Bus Services also provide detailed schedules and route maps.
The first 100 participants who arrive by public transport will receive a free three-day ticket of the “Salzburger Verkehrsverbund” for the core zone of Salzburg upon presentation of their ticket.
On the road by bike? Check out our Radlkarte of the city of Salzburg